martes, 27 de marzo de 2018

INFINITIVE CLAUSES WITH IMPERSONAL IT AND WISH AND IF ONLY FOR REGRETS

INFINITIVE CLAUSES WITH IMPERSONAL IT

Resultado de imagen para IMPERSONAL IT
FUNCIÓN:
Usamos la cláusula is (not) + adjetivo + infinitivo cuando queremos usar el adjetivo para describir una acción o situación. Esto significa lo mismo que usar el gerundio como sujeto.
FORMA:
It´s (not)
Adjetivo
Clausula infinitiva
It´s
Important
Good
Better
Essential
To eat poperly
To get in shape
To speak to a professional
To get some slee

¡CUIDADO!
 X   It´s important to rest.
 ü  Is important to rest.
 X   It´s better to go to the hospital.  
 ü  It´s better go to the hospital.  

EJERCICIO :
Match the problems 1-6 with the solutions a-f.
1 I haven´t gotten any interviews get.
2 I´ve been putting on a lot of weight recently.
3 I´m not sure what I want to study.
4 What skills do I need to be an engineer?.
5 Ouch! I have a small cut.
6 I pulled a muscle this morning.
a It´s better not to move it too much.
b It´s not good to drive so much. Try to walk more!
c It´s important to consider what career you want later.
d It´s better to put a bandage on it.
e It´s essential to have a degree in math.
f It´s difficult to get a job right now, but don´t give up!
               
                Resultado de imagen para IMPERSONAL IT                                                           


WISH AND IF ONLY FOR REGRETS
Resultado de imagen para WISH AND IF ONLY FOR REGRETS
FUNCIÓN:
Nosotros usamos wish/if only + paado perfecto to talk about things we would like to change about the past.
      
 
Subject + wish + past perfect
·      I wish I had learned to play a musical instrument when I was younger.
·      I wish I had been more adventurous.
·      I definitely wish I hadn´t smoked.
If only + subject + past perfect
·      If only I had changed careers years ago.

Hablando en pasado: 
Si se quiere expresar un arrepentimiento por algo que se hizo o que no se llegoi hacer se usa la sieguiente estuctura: Wish/if only + past perfect.
Ejemplo: I wish/If only I hadn´t been so rude to my mother last night.

Hablando del presente:
Cosas que no se han hecho realidad en el presente y cosas que pueden hacerse realidad en el futuro y se usa la siguiente estructura: Wisch/If only + past simple.
Ejemplo: I wich I were in the Caribbean instead of being here.

Presente y futuro:
Cambiar el estado de las cosas del presente o futuro: I wich I had motorbike.
  • Para expresar un deseo sobre algo que sucederá en el futuro en un tono formal y cortés:
    "I wish to attend the meeting."
  • Para desear algo a otra persona para el futuro, por lo general en ciertas expresiones tales como:
    "I wish him the best of luck." = le deseo la mejor de las suertes.
 "wish" / "if only" 
Se puede usar "wish" y "if only" para expresar un deseo poco probable o imposible o una queja:
Con el pasado simple para expresar un deseo imposible en la actualidad:
  • "I wish I lived in the countryside."
  • "If only I lived in the countryside." = ojalá viviera en el campo
    No vivo en el presente en el campo por lo que este deseo es ahora mismo imposible.
Con el pasado perfecto expresa un arrepentimiento por algo sucedido en el pasado:
·         "I wish I hadn't eaten the prawns."
·         "If only I hadn't eaten the prawns."
Ojalá no hubiera comido aquellas gambas: me arrepiento de haber comido aquellas gambas en el pasado.

Con would/could para expresar un deseo que creemos que es poco probable o imposible en el presente:
  • "I wish he would save money."
  • "I wish he could save money."
  • "If only he would save money."
  • "If only he could save money."
    pero no "I wish he will/can save money."
    no creo que pueda / vaya a ahorrar dinero, así que esto es un deseo imposible dada su nula habilidad en el presente para ahorrar dinero
¡CUIDADO!
 X   I wish I hadn´t broken my leg when I was a teenager.
 ü  I wish I didn´t break my leg when I was a teenager.
 X   If only I hadn’t left my job.
 ü  If only I haven´t left my job.

EJERCICIO
Complete la segunda oración usando la palabra entre paréntesis para que signifique lo mismo que la primera.


    1.    My doctor gave me good advice. I didn´t listen.
__________________________________________
    2.    Terri wanted to go to college, but she didn´t go.
__________________________________________
    3.    I ate a huge breakfast this morning. Now I feel sick.
__________________________________________
    4.    James stayed up late last night. This morning, he´s really tired.
__________________________________________________
    5.    I didn´t work hard in school. I failed my exams.
_______________________________________
    6.    My parents drove to Florida. The trip was terrible. 

_______________________________________                                                                                    
              wish-clauses-simple-web-page-001-1024x724
                       Resultado de imagen para WISH AND IF ONLY FOR REGRETS

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE               FUNCIÓN Sense Cualquiera de las facultades, como la vista, el oíd...