lunes, 25 de junio de 2018

PARCIAL 1

SO, SUCH, TOO, ENOUGH

FORMA
FUNCIÓN
EJEMPLOS
So + adjetivo/adverbio
Lo usamos con sustantivos para significar muy, realmente o extremadamente.
The weather is so hot today.
Such + adjectivo + sustantivo
Usamos tales adjetivos y adverbios para significar muy, realmente o extremadamente.
He´s such and interesting character.
So/such… that…
Usamos una cláusula that después de so y such para mostrar resultados o consecuencias.
The movie was so interesting that I watched it twice.
Too + adjetivo/adverbio
Usamos demasiados adjetivos y adverbios para decir que hay más de lo que necesitamos o queremos.
You´re speaking too fast. Can you speak more slowly, please?
Not + adjetivo/adverbio + enough
Usamos not.. enough con suficientes adjetivos y adverbios para decir que hay menos de lo que necesitamos o queremos.
It´s not quiet enough to study in here.
Too/(not)… enough… to…
Usamos una cláusula de infinitivo después too y (not)... enough to  para mostrar resultados o consecuencias.
There isn´t enough time to see the show. The bed was too big to fit in the room.

EJEMPLOS:



  • This jumper’s too big. Can I try a smaller size?
  • We’ll have to stand because there aren’t enough chairs.
  • I’m so tired. I’ll have to go to bed.
  • She’s got such a wonderful voice.


 EJERCICIOS:
Verifica la oración correcta. Corrija los errores en las otras oraciones.
1. He´s too young that he works here.                 ___________________
2. You aren´t working enough fast.                      ___________________
3. This is such great job.                                      ___________________
4. All my colleagues are such helpful.                  ___________________
5. I´m so tired to work today.                                ___________________
6. We don´t have enough time to finish the job.   ___________________
Resultado de imagen para SO, SUCH, TOO, ENOUGH

SEPARABLE AND NON-SEPARABLE PHRASAL VERBS

FORMA:
Con verbos compuestos separados, puedes poner un sustantivo entre el verbo y la partícula. Con verbos compuestos no separables, no puedes.
Con verbos compuestos separados, siempre separamos el verbo y la partícula cuando el objeto es un pronombre (you, it, them, etc.).


FORMA
EJEMPLOS
Separable phrasal verbs
Verbo + partícula + sustantivo
Verbo + sustantivo / pronombre + partícula
·     I don´t have to write information down.
·     I don´t have to write down the information.
·     I don´t have to write it down.
Non-separable phrasal verbs
Verbo + partucula (+ preposición) + sustantivo / pronombre
·     I didn´t get along with my colleages.
·     I didn´t get along with them too well.


EJERCICIOS:

Elija la respuesta correcta para completar la oración. Elija ambas respuestas si ambas son correctas.
1. A: Did you remember to turn off the lisghts before you left the office?
    B: No, I forgot to turn them off / off them. Sorry
2. Petter called. I said you´d call him back / back him.
3. The people I work whit are really nice. I get along with them / them with.
4. A: What should I do whith this form?
    B: Just write your information down / write down your information and sign it.
5. I ran into Jhon Carver / Jhon Carver into at a meeting today.
6. A: Have you Heard of the company called Nike?
    B: Yes, of course I´ve Heard it of / of it!

            Resultado de imagen para SEPARABLE AND NON-SEPARABLE PHRASAL VERBS

REVIEW OF PAST TENSES
FUNCIÓN:

1. PASADO PERFECTO: Este tiempo describe un evento completo, o un estado que tuvo lugar antes de otro evento, acción o estado pasado. Se usa para hablar sobre cosas que sucedieron antes de la acción principal.
2. PASADO SIMPLE: este tiempo verbal describe un evento, acción o estado completado en el pasado. Usualmente el tiempo principal solía hablar sobre el pasado.
3. PASADO SIMPLE CON ENFASIS: Se usa para describir un evento, acción o estado del complemento en el pasado y se usa para enfatizar, a menudo por la diferencia.
4. PASADO PROGRESIVO: Este tiempo describe acciones o estados en progreso en un momento particular en el pasado. A continuación, se utiliza para describir la acción de fondo.

TENSE
FORMA
EJEMPLOS
Simple past
-ed, forma iregular (was, had, etc.)
·     I grew up in Minnesota.
·     They spoke to us a different lenguaje.
Simple past con did para énfasis.
Did + forma base.
A: You didn´t find it difficult to settle in when you came to the U.S.A., right?
B: Not, really, but I did feel a sence of culture chock at first.
Pasado progresivo
Was / were + -ing forma
Two years ago, I was living in Canada and researching the customs of indigenous communities.
Pasado perfecto
Had + pasado participio
We practiced the traditional activities that our parent had taught us.


EJERCICIOS:
Complete la entrada del blog de Akna con el correcto de los verbos entre paréntesis.
This (1) ____________ (happen) son after Jjordan and I (2) ___________ (move) here. That day, it (3) ____________ (snow) and the wind (4) ______________ (blow) really hard. I (5) ____________ (be) in Montreal for jus two months, and I (6) ____________ (miss) my family really baddly. The St, Lawrence River (7) ____________ (freeze) over a month before, and I (8) ____________ (decide) to go ice fishing. Some of the local men (9) ____________ (fish) out on the ice, and they (10) ____________ (look) a bit strangely at this young Inuit woman with her traditional equipment Anyway, I (11) ____________ (start) catching fish, and pretty son people (12) ____________ (notice) that I (13) ____________ (catch) more than the men with their high-tech equipment! People (14) ____________ (applaud) every time I caught a fish and soon everyone (15) ____________ (laugh) and congratulating me! It really (16) ____________ (help) me feel just a little more at home!                       
WOULD, USED TO, BE + ALWAYS + -ING
FORMA
FUNCIÓN
EJEMPLOS
Would (always / never) + forma base
Se usa para hablar sobre hábitos o costumbres en el pasado.
Sara would never remember to buy milk on her way home.
(always / never) used to + forma base
​​Se usa para hablar sobre hábitos o costumbres en el pasado, o para expresar algo que era cierto en el pasado, pero ya no es cierto.
The wind always used to blow really hard in Montreal.
When I was younger, I used to have short hair.
Be + always + forma -ing (presente o pasado progresivo)
Se usa para hablar sobre hábitos o costumbres en el presente y en el pasado.
They are always laughing and joking.
He was always singing.

EJERCICIOS:                                     
Complete la historia familiar con una de las estructuras utilizadas para hablar sobre hábitos. En algunos casos, es posible más de una respuesta.
My brother is six years younger than me, and when was Little, he (1) _____________ (ask) me t oread him stories. He (2) _____________ always _____________ (make) me read the same story about four times, and he (3) _____________ never _____________ (get) bored! He (4) _____________ (carry) his favorite book around with him. I (5) _____________ (hide) it so he couldn´t find me and make me read it to him!  And then he (6) _____________ (cry) and I (7) ____________ (feel) bad. Now I´m always (8) _____________ (ask) him if he wants me t oread him a story! It´s a family joke.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE               FUNCIÓN Sense Cualquiera de las facultades, como la vista, el oíd...