domingo, 29 de julio de 2018

VERBS WITH STATIVE AND DYNAMIC USES


VERBS WITH STATIVE AND DYNAMIC USES


USO:
Algunos verbos rara vez se usan en formas progresivas. Se llaman verbos estáticos porque generalmente se refieren a estados o condiciones que continúan durante un período de tiempo, por ejemplo, saber, preferir o aceptar. Sin embargo, algunos verbos estáticos comúnmente tienen usos tanto estáticos como dinámicos, con diferentes significados.

FORMA:

Stative
(forma de verbo simple)
Dynamic use
(verbo forma progresiva)
Be
Estado de permanencia, verdad en general.
Lupita is married
Actuar, comportarse.
Michael is being really weird.
Have
Posesión, características.
I have five minutes before class starts.
Causando, experimentando.
I´m having problems with my car.
See
Darse cuenta, observar y entender.
Do you see what I mean?
Conocer a alguien.
They´ve been seeing each other for a while.
Think
Tener una opinión.
I think it’s a good idea.
Proceso de pensamiento.
I was thinking about it all day



EJEMPLOS

Stative
(simple verb form)
Dynamic use
(Progressive verb form)
Be

He's an excellent guitarist.


You are not being serious!


Have

He has a beautiful car.
He's having lunch.

See

I see what you mean.
He's been seeing the same woman for eight years.

Think

I think it's a fantastic idea.
I am thinking about my friend.


EJERCICIOS:
   1.    I _________our city is losing its identity.
   2.    Multinational companies ____ the largest employees.
   3.    We ______an office in Australia. 
   4.    I ____ your point of view.
   5.    I ______ much money right now. Cloud we stay home this evening instead of eating out.
   6.    Susanna _______ anyone now, or are you single?
   7.    Paul and I ______ really happy in our new home.
   8.    I ____ at the news paper.
   9.    You ____ annoying
   10. I ____ a good time.
                       Resultado de imagen para VERBS WITH STATIVE AND DYNAMIC USES

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE               FUNCIÓN Sense Cualquiera de las facultades, como la vista, el oíd...